Rare Brews on Tap at Locally Brewed Launch Party, Piece Brewery on Wednesday 4/16 starting at 7 PM
Celebrate the book launch of Anna Blessing’s LOCALLY BREWED on Wednesday, April 16th from 7:00-9:00 p.m. Piece Brewery and Pizzeria (1927 W. North Ave), the event’s host, has announced that it will feature several specialty beers on tap that are rarely offered in Chicago:
- Surly (Minneapolis, MN) Pentagram is an American Wild Ale rated 93% (“outstanding”) on BeerAdvocate.
- Three Floyds (Munster, IN) Backmasking, just released on tap in December, is an Oatmeal stout.
- Dark Horse (Marshall, MI) 6 Pairs of Legs is a dark porter brewed with maple syrup and aged in bourbon barrels.
- Assertively hopped, Bell’s (Kalamazoo, MI) Third Coast Beer offers a crisp, dry bitterness with a mixture of floral and herbal aromas.
- Piece Brewery (Chicago, IL) Moose Knuckle, an American-style barleywine aged in a bourbon barrel for a year; The Weight, a silver medal-winning American pale ale as recognized at the 2012 Great American Beer Festival; and Marketing Ploy, a collaboration with Three Floyds, an American pale ale first brewed in 2010 for the World Beer Cup.
- …and more!
Author Anna Blessing will be on hand signing discounted copies of her book. The event is free and open to the public. For any Chicagoan with a nose for craft beer, this opportunity to drink rare brews and mingle with brewers and authors surely cannot be passed up.